pertaining to leaf shape. rounded to approaching semicircular.
Merriam-Webster Online Dictionaryobtuse (adjective)
a) not pointed or - acute blunt
b) (1) of an angle exceeding 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees
(2) having an obtuse angle - an obtuse triangle see triangle illustration
c) of a leaf rounded at the free end
a) lacking sharpness or quickness of sensibility or intellect - insensitive stupid
b) difficult to comprehend not clear or precise in thought or expression dull
« Back to Glossary Index
|Look up obtuse in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Obtuse may refer to:
- Obtuse angle, an angle of between 90 and 180 degrees
- Obtuse triangle, a triangle with an internal angle of between 90 and 180 degrees
- Obtuse leaf shape
- Obtuse tepal shape
- Obtuse barracuda, a ray-finned fish
- Obtuse, a neighborhood in Brookfield, Connecticut
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Obtuse.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.