ATP Internship Program
The internship program is available for candidates who are currently pursuing or have completed study in a related field such as Arboriculture, Forestry, Biological Sciences, or Environmental Sciences.
*Candidates who have studied an unrelated field may also be considered.
Scope of Work
Candidates will assist arborists and other team members in carrying out all aspects of ATP’s services. This is including but not limited to:
• Tree survey and inventory
• Tree risk assessment
• Report writing
• Online research
• Tree pruning and removal
• Tree health care
• Tree support systems
• Insect and disease treatment
• Tree planting and transplanting
Duration and Schedule
The duration of the internship program may vary based upon a candidate’s availability. Example durations include 6 weeks, 3 months, or 6 months.
Interns must follow the standard ATP work schedule of Monday to Friday, 9am-6pm
Interns will be given time off on Saturday, Sunday, and public holidays, the same as other employees.
Candidates are required:
• To be punctual and reliable
• To follow ATP Core Values and Employee Guidelines
• Maintain open and honest communication
• To have at least some experience in word processing software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• To speak English or Cantonese
• To be able and willing to lift heavy objects
• To have a willingness to work hard and learn quickly
The primary benefit of the internship program is that candidates will have the opportunity to gain understanding, apprenticeship, and real-world experience in all aspects of tree management.
Exceptional candidates may be considered for an Assistant Arborist position upon completion of the internship program.