1) metallic tube or lining. without moving parts. to reduce friction between mechanical parts such as a pulley sheave and an axle; also the nonrotating sheave used to increase the bend radius for the sling attachment (contrast with bearing). 2) a device. often made of rubber or plastic. to reduce vibration or wear between mechanical parts. 3) a fitting used to connect plumbing parts of different diameters (such as in spray equipment).
|Look up bushing in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Bushing may refer to:
- Bushing (bearing), a type of plain bearing
- Bushing (electrical), an insulated device that allows a conductor to pass through a grounded conducting barrier
- Bushing (isolator), a mechanical device used to reduce vibrations
- Threaded bushing, a metal sleeve with screw threads
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Bushing.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.