1) term describing the brown appearance of dead foliage. usually following the application of herbicide. 2) term describing a reduction in power distributed by an electric utility. usually associated with extreme demand but sometimes with tree-related damage.
|Look up brownout or brown out in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Brownout may refer to:
- Brownout (electricity), drop in voltage in an electrical power supply, so named because it typically causes lights to dim
- Brownout (software engineering), a technique inspired by brownout in electricity, to make applications more tolerant to capacity shortages
- Brownout (aeronautics), reduced flight visibility due to airborne particles, especially from helicopter downwash
- Brownout (album), studio album by American band Head Set
- Brownout (band), a band from Austin, Texas