tightened to the point of eliminating visible slack.
Merriam-Webster Online Dictionarytaut (adjective)
a) having no give or slack tightly drawn - a taut rope
b) - high-strung tense taut nerves
a) kept in proper order or condition - a taut ship
b) (1) not loose or flabby - taut muscles
(2) marked by economy of structure and detail - a taut story
Scottish - mat tangle
« Back to Glossary Index
|Look up taut in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A taut object is one under tension.
Taut is also a surname, and may refer to:
- Bruno Taut (1880–1938), prolific German architect, urban planner and author
- Max Taut (1884–1967), German architect
Taut may also refer to:
- Tauț, a commune in Arad County, Romania
- Tăut, a village in Batăr Commune, Bihor County, Romania
- Taut International, sports drink company acquired by A.G. Barr
TAUT, an acronym, may refer to:
- Tramways and Urban Transit, a monthly magazine published in the UK
- The complement of the SAT-problem; testing if a formula is a tautology, known to be co-NP-complete.
|This page lists people with the surname Taut. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|