handful. injurious. detrimental. or undesirable.
Merriam-Webster Online Dictionarynoxious (adjective)
a) physically harmful or destructive to living beings - noxious waste
b) constituting a harmful influence on mind or behavior , especially morally corrupting - noxious doctrines
- disagreeable obnoxious pernicious
« Back to Glossary Index
|Look up noxious in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Noxious describes any happening that is perceived as harmful. It may also refer to:
- Poison, substances that can harm or kill
- Noxious weed, a plant designated by the government as injurious to public health, agriculture, recreation, wildlife or property
- Noxious stimulus, an actually or potentially tissue damaging event, may be mechanical, chemical or thermal
- Federal Noxious Weed Act of 1974, a United States law that established a federal program to control the spread of noxious weeds
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Noxious.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.