1) in pruning. (crown) raising. 2) in rigging. technique in which the tip of a branch is raised up before lowering in order to avoid obstacles below.
« Back to Glossary Index
|Look up lifting in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Lifting may refer to:
- Manual handling of loads
- Raising objects upwards, for example with lifting equipment
- Olympic weightlifting, an Olympic sport that tests explosive strength
- Powerlifting, a sport that tests limit strength
- An undesirable type of movement in the sport of racewalking
- Shoplifting, an unnoticed theft of goods from an open retail establishment
- Facelifting, a type of cosmetic surgery
- Lift, a morphism in mathematics
- Lifting, a notion in measure theory
- Lifting scheme (wavelets)
- Lambda lifting, meta-process that defines functions independently of each other in a global scope
- Taking an inference rule in propositional logic and adapting it for predicate logic
- Type lifting, adding the special null value to the scope of a type
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Lifting.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.