pertaining to plant nutrition. lack or insufficient quantity of a required element.
Merriam-Webster Online Dictionarydeficiency (noun)
the quality or state of being - deficient inadequacy
an amount that is lacking or inadequate as - shortage
a) a shortage of substances necessary to health
b) - deletion
« Back to Glossary Index
|Look up deficiency in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A deficiency is generally a lack of something. It may also refer to:
- A deficient number, in mathematics, a number n for which σ(n) < 2n.
- Angular deficiency, in geometry, the difference between a sum of angles and the corresponding sum in a Euclidean plane.
- Deficiency (medicine), including various types of malnutrition, as well as genetic diseases caused by deficiencies of endogenously produced proteins.
- A deficiency in construction, an item, or condition that is considered sub-standard, or below minimum expectations
- Genetic deletion, in genetics, is also called a deficiency
- A deficiency judgment, in the law of real estate
- A tax deficiency, an amount owed in taxes over and above what has been submitted in payment
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Deficiency.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.