Tree Survey is a systematic review of all the trees on a property performed by one of ATP’s several certified arborists and tree risk assessors.
ATP performs tree surveys for clients for many reasons, including:
- The client wants a documented cataloguing of all the trees on their property
- For legal purposes the client wishes to demonstrate that due diligence has been performed regarding the safety of a property’s trees
- A tree survey is required by a government department
- The client requires a clear plan for long-term management of a property’s trees
The following information is provided for every tree in a tree survey:
- Tree ID number – trees can be physically tagged at the client’s request
- Species – in Latin and Chinese
- Diameter at breast height (DBH)
- Crown spread – estimated size of a tree’s crown
- Condition* – including current health and structural condition, fungal issues, etc
- Recommendations* – recommendations for mitigation of any potential hazards or further investigation using specialised equipment
- Photographic documentation of tree structure and – if applicable – defects*
Every tree survey also includes a PDF report of all the data and photos, with the option of additional hard copies as well.
*ATP also provides tree inventory services, typically required for environmental impact assessments. Tree inventories do not include services marked above with a star.