to grow. or cause a plant to grow. successfully in a new place. In forestry. may refer to initial planting and care; in landscaping. may refer to care after planting until the plant is growing successfully.
Merriam-Webster Online Dictionaryestablish (verb)
to institute (as a law) permanently by enactment or agreement
obsolete - settle
a) to make firm or stable
b) to introduce and cause to grow and multiply - establish grass on pasturelands
a) to bring into existence - found established a republic
b) - bring about effect established friendly relations
a) to put on a firm basis - set up establish his son in business
b) to put into a favorable position
c) to gain full recognition or acceptance of - the role established her as a star
to make (a church) a national or state institution
to put beyond doubt - prove established my innocence
|Look up establishment in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Establishment may refer to:
- The Establishment, the dominant group or elite holding effective power or authority in a society
- The Establishment (club), an English satire club of the 1960s
- The Establishment (comics), a comic book produced by Wildstorm
- Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, forbidding Congress from establishing a religion
- Establishment of a state religion ("established church"), the endorsement of a church by a nation's government
- Freedom of establishment, the right of EU nationals to establish themselves economically in any member state of the Internal Market (European Union)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Establishment.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.